Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Langkawi Trip

I'm just back from my family trip to Langkawi. Our to-n-fro flight + 3 days 2 nite hotel room + breakfast is only Rm1200++

It was super hot there because it is an island. The hot temperature is from the sea...
The Mat Salleh there really love walking in the hot sun which we find it so crazy!! All of them red..some even burned!

But anyway, enough of crap.


I came back from Melaka on Saturday at 7am because i need to rush back to go to LCCT at 10.30am for the flight at 12.50pm.


Us at the airport. Dad's holding the camera.


The people waiting to go on the plane...


My boarding pass...


My sis and I


Little bro excited...

Our flight was delayed, but then, we reach Langkawi around 30 minutes. Or did i mistaken the time?



We rented a car there. Toyota Avanza for RM180. And checked in to the AWANA PORTA MALAI hotel. The hotel is at the tip of the island which is also a jetty. We also saw a cruise stopping there.


Our rented car...




Me & Bro in the car....


Entrance of Awana


Lobby of Awana


View outside Awana..nice blue sea!




The room was not bad, with 2 big double bed. Facing the pool. Mum don't want to get a room facing the sea because she scared of Tsunami! haha!


view of our room..


outside view from our room..


Syiok sendiri before goin out...

We were so super hungry so after putting everything in the room, we went out to find for food. Food is very expensive there, mayb due to lots of foreigners there and also because the business are not very good there anymore, so they increase the price.

We ate at one nearby restaurant and the meal cost about Rm112. just 4 dishes, 1 pot of tea, and 3 coconut.



my brother like this fish a lot...Curry fish.

After that, we went to a small shopping place beside the Underwater world. We didn't enter the Underwater world because we heard that the KLCC's one is better.


Outside underwater world


The girls with mum and dad

As it is a tax free place, surely i wanna buy liqour! At first, i wanted to buy vodka..but then i saw those small bottles for souveniers, so cute. So i decided to buy the 9 small different bottles of Vodka and 1 litre of Bacardi. I didn't buy those there because we will be going to Kuah town for shopping too. So just in case i can get cheaper one......

Kuah Town is super hot!!! The sun is burning! And i really cannot stand the heat!

I went in every shop to see the price for liqour, and finally found one place cheaper than the Underwater world. the small bottle of Vodka cost RM6.20 at the water world but then then shop at Kuah town only selling at RM6. I forgotten the price of the Bacardi but i got it wit RM39 at Kuah town. Mum bought 11 bars of chocolate! yum yum!

After shopping, we went to the Eagle square. a place where you can see the eagles flying here and there. hehe....We took loads of photos there with the big eagle statue and also manage to see 3 - 4 eagles in the sky.









Due to the hot sun, mum got sick and had migrain. So, we went back to the hotel for dinner at the restaurant downstairs. I ordered a chicken chop which cost RM25. damn..so expensive. My brother said his Spaghetti was delicious. Sure la.RM20 leh! My dad's cantonese fried kuey teow was very presentable but then the kuey teow inside wasn't as much as the price. RM18!!


RM25 chicken chop

The next day, our plans were delayed because mum wasn't feeling well. Dad went to find medicine for her and after that about 11am only we went out for our Langkawi tour.

We went to the Cable car. The view there was so nice! I really love it there!! The is a Sky bridge there which connects one mountain to the other. Super nice! But scary..coz it was too high. My sister and I didn't even finish walking the bridge because we were too scared.





We are 625.5 feet above sea level



The very beautiful view from above...


The sky bridge..


The stairs to the sky bridge...



My bro and sis...muaks!


The beautiful but SCARY bridge..it's just hanging..like a canopy.


Me and sis..=)

After the cable car, we went back to the hotel because my mum was feeling very sick. We bought KFC and ate at the hotel. After that, i slept! haha..but my family went out. So i was alone in the hotel.

When they came back, my brother and my dad went for a swim at the pool, so my sis, my mum and i went to sit at those benches to look at the sea. Comfortable..so relaxing!

We went out for dinner. This time our meal was more satisfying because the price was not unreasonable like the 1st restaurant we went. The food was also not bad. We also tried their Chicken chop which was delicious!



The next day after our buffet breakfast, we wanted to visit one more important place before leaving Langkawi.

Our flight is 2.15pm so we need to reach the airport around 1pm. About 11am we drove to Galeri Perdana which is a museum that they put all the gifts that Mahatir had recieved. My dad say he must go to this place because he wanna see how many cars Mahatir have.




Outside the gallery..


One big happy family!


Carriage..a gift to Mahatir too..







Picture of Mahatir and Siti Hasmah when they were very young..




I like this picture. The words beside it are "Tree. Three fruits. Three Branches. Three races."

There are lots more things there. But i don't have the time to upload so many pictures.

He is really a great man. If he is not a great man, there won't be so many gifts to him. Really A LOT! There are a few cars gifted to him too..but i didn't take the pictures of it coz i was already too lazy. hehe.

It was a wonderful trip even though mum was sick for one day. I'm still happy to go for holiday with my family. And this is the first time going on the plane with the whole family. I alwiz go overseas alone wit my auntie and my dad alwiz goes alone to overseas for exhibition. So i'm really happy that this time, we went on a trip together - by air!

=)

0 Kisses:

 
Whispers of the Heart © 2007 Template feito por Áurea R.C.